Canadian Southern Baptist Seminary & College was established in 1987 and is owned and operated by the Canadian National Baptist Convention. (cnbc.ca) The campus is nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and is fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools as well as the Association of Biblical Higher Education. The school is looking for a full-time, residential professor of theology who is a convictional Baptist. The primary area of teaching would be theology, both at the undergraduate and graduate levels, in person as well as online. However, the ability to teach in other academic areas would be of great benefit.
Qualified candidates would have:
- Committed Christian character and evidence of a call to Christian ministry
- The ability to affirm the school’s doctrinal statement (https://cnbc.ca/articles/cnbc-confession-of-faith)
- A PhD or equivalent in theological studies and some successful teaching experience
- Desire and ability to mentor students from a wide variety of backgrounds
- Cross-cultural or international work or ministry experience
- Ministry experience in the local church
- Recognizable leadership skills, especially in higher education or administration
- Strong people skills and the ability to serve as a team player
- Strong communication skills in speaking and writing
- Experience or potential in research, writing and publishing.
CSBS&C does not discriminate in its hiring practices but values diversity in ethnicity, gender, nationality, as well as connections to Canada and its diverse culture. The position is open to applicants for Assistant, Associate, or Full Professors. Rank and salary will be commensurate with credentials and experience. The search will continue until the position is filled, but applicants are encouraged to apply before January 31, 2022. CVs and cover letters can be sent to Dr. Steve Booth, Academic Dean email@example.com.