Covenant Theological Seminary invites applications and nominations for a full-time faculty appointment at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Systematic Theology. The position will start in the 2022 academic year (July 1 is the normal start date, though an August start date is also possible). Primary instructional responsibilities will be in systematic theology, including both on campus and online classes, and will involve team-teaching in cross-disciplinary classes.
The qualified candidate will:
- have a doctoral degree in systematic, historical or biblical theology but with a special interest in systematic and covenant theology
- exhibit skill in exegesis
- show evidence of teaching experience and promise of excellence in the classroom
- have demonstrated ability in research and scholarship
- have significant experience in ministry, with demonstrated character and ability to form God’s people
Candidates must also be ordained or ordainable in the Presbyterian Church in America (see https://pcanet.org/about-the-pca-2-2-2/), and belong to, or be willing to belong to, a church in the Presbyterian Church in America.
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com, attention to: Dr. Brad Matthews, Dean of Faculty. The search will continue until the position is filled, but applications received by October 31, 2021, will receive fullest consideration. If potential candidates will be at the ETS, IBR, or SBL conference this fall (2021) please indicate so in the cover letter.